Article 1: Privacy-Related Information
In the scope of privacy-related information, the term "Personal Information" shall refer to "personal information" as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, referring to information about any living individual sufficient to individually identify that individual, including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information etc.
In the scope of privacy-related information, the term "History and Characteristics" shall refer to information other than Personal Information as defined above such as services and items a user has used in the past, the history of pages and advertisements they have viewed, keywords they have searched on, their usage dates, methods and environments and their postal code, gender, occupation, age, IP address, cookie data, location data and individual device identification information.
Article 2: How Privacy-Related Information is Collected
The Company may ask a user for Personal Information, such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number and driver's license number, when a user registers for use of the Services. In addition, we may also collect information from affiliates etc. of the Company (such as information providers, advertisers and advertisement distribution points etc., hereinafter collectively referred to as "Affiliates"), such as transaction records and payment-related data, containing personal information exchanged between the user and Affiliates.
The Company collects History and Characteristics of a user, such as services and software the user has used, products the user has purchased, the history of pages and advertisements they have viewed, keywords they have searched on, their usage dates, methods and environments (including, in the event that the user is using a mobile device, the transmission status of the device and data about the states of settings at the time of access) and their IP address, cookie data, location data and individual device identification information, when the user uses the services or browses web pages of the Company or Affiliates.
Article 3: Purposes of Personal Information Collection and Use
The purposes of the collection and use of Personal Information by the Company are as follows.
- To display a user's registration information, such as name, address, contact information and method of payment, as well as information such as the products they have bought and the prices thereof, in order to allow the user to view and amend their registration information and to view how they are using the Service
- To utilize contact information such as a user's email address to contact a user and name, address etc. to send products to a user and/or to contact them
- To utilize information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, driver's license number and postage arrival status with delivery confirmation in order to verify a user's identity
- To utilize payment-related information, such as products and quantities purchased, types of Services used and periods of usage, number of uses, invoice amounts, name, address, bank account number and credit card number, to charge users for purchases
- To enable the user to more easily enter data, such as by displaying information registered with the Company on input screens and by forwarding the user, with the user's consent, to other services etc. (including those provided by Affiliates)
- To utilize information necessary to provide services to a user, such as inquiry content and charges made to a user, as well as the information such as the user's service usage status and contact information, in order to respond to inquiries from the user
- For other purposes associated with the above usages
Article 4: Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company shall not provide the Personal Information of any user to any third party without the user’s prior consent, except in the following cases.
- When required to do so by law
- When doing so is necessary in order to protect a person’s life, health or property and it is not feasible to obtain prior consent from the affected user(s)
- When there is an express need to do so in order to promote public hygiene or a healthy environment for children and it is not feasible to obtain prior consent from the affected user(s)
- When doing so is required in order to cooperate with a national or local government institution or authorized agent thereof in the course of executing a duty under the law and obtaining consent from the affected user(s) would inhibit the execution of such duty
- Prior notice or public announcement of the following items has been made
- The inclusion of the provision of data to third parties in the purposes of use
- The data items to be provided to third parties
- The means or methods of provision of data to third parties
- The fact that provision of Personal Information to third parties may be halted at the request of the affected user(s)
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, an entity shall not be considered a third party in the following cases.
- The Company outsources all or part of the handling of Personal Information within the scope necessary for achieving the purposes of use
- Personal Information is provided as part of a change in business ownership due to a merger or other reason
- Personal Information is used in cooperation with a specific party, and that fact, along with which items of Personal Information are subject to joint usage, the scope of usage by the cooperating party, the purposes of use by the parties using the information and name and/or title of the party responsible for the management of the Personal Information in the scope of such usage, are all either disclosed to the affected user(s) beforehand or are made easily discoverable by the user(s)
Article 5: Disclosure of Personal Information
Upon receiving a request from a user to disclose Personal Information held for that user, the Company shall make such disclosure without delay. Notwithstanding this provision, however, if such disclosure would lead to any of the situations designated in the items below, disclosure may be limited to a part of, or none of, the information, and in the event where no information is to be disclosed, the requester shall be promptly notified. Further, a fee of 1,000 JPY per request shall be charged for the disclosure of Personal Information.
- There is a risk that the disclosure of such information may result in harm to the life, bodily safety, property or other rights of the user or a third party
- There is a risk that the disclosure of such information may significantly impede the ability of the Company to conduct its business
- Doing so would be in violation of a law or regulation
Notwithstanding the preceding provisions, information that is not Personal Information such as History and Characteristics will not be disclosed.
Article 6: Revision and Deletion of Personal Information
In the event that a user believes the Personal Information for them possessed by the Company is erroneous, they may request that the Company revise or delete the Personal Information for them in accordance with the Company's procedures.
In the event that the Company receives such a request from a user and deems it to be necessary to execute the request, the Company shall promptly revise or delete the Personal Information for the user and submit notification to the user.
Article 7: Stoppage etc. of the Usage of Personal Information
In the event that the Company receives a request from a user for the halting or cancellation of the usage of the user's Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as "Stoppage of Use Etc.") due to handling of the information beyond the scope of the purposes of use or due to the acquisition of the information by illegitimate means, the Company shall promptly conduct the necessary investigations and, based on the results thereof, shall, if required, implement the Stoppage of Use Etc. for the user's Personal Information and submit notification to the user. Notwithstanding this provision, however, in the event that implementing such a Stoppage of Use Etc. for the Personal Information would pose substantial hardship to the Company, such as in the event that doing so would incur a large cost, and the Company is able to take alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the user concerned, the Company shall take such alternative measures instead.
Article 9: Inquiries
Please direct any inquiries regarding this Policy to the below contact points.
- Address: 4-2-26 Chuo, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi 980-0021
- Facility name: ORIT Hostel & Café+Bar Lounge SENDAI
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org